Monday, August 25, 2008

Sk8ter Boi

Whilst in California, we were lucky enough to participate in a little gathering of friends from my old Stake. We got together at the old Skating rink where we grew up for a night of family fun. It was really good to see all of my old friends. I never expected to really move away from Orange permanently. One day I was simply gone. It was really good to catch up with them all. 

Nicole and I were very concerned about how to keep Oliver happy at such an event. Bildo and I came up with the great idea to push them around in their strollers whilst we skated behind them. 

However, we quickly realized that although this might seem fun from our perspective, it was ranked by the kids as "a little more fun than a regular stroll and a little less fun than riding in a car seat." As you can see Oliver was thoroughly bored with it. So we threw caution to the wind and let the boys roam free on the floor, trusting that all of the other sk8ters were responsible enough to not run them over.

And that's when the real fun started for Oliver and William who then proceeded to dance all night long. William's signature move was a simple knee bounce, but he surprisingly kept a prefect beat to his bounce. Oliver's moves were much more Mia Michaels inluenced (did I just out myself?). His favorite move was holding his head down and running in a circle always trying to keep his head in the same place.

No comments: